Monday, October 25, 2010

I ran faster....!!!

When i was born,
They said i learned to walk fast,
When i was little grown,
They said i understand things vast.


I grew more, and they said,
That they adore my speed,
My friends asked me 'am i alive or dead',
Or am i from some other breed.


I felt happy and proud,
I thought of running in life; even fast,
I felt like i was on seventh cloud,
I wanted to touch that gleam at last.


I ran faster and faster,
Believing that world will follow me after,
I wished to be the master,
But then i heard a faint laughter.


When i turned back,
The world was laughing at me,
They said that i missed the life's track,
And that now i am alone and free.


I sat down and looked both sides,
I had two options left with me,
Either to go with the tide,
Or to run faster; and flee.


One option had my loved and dear ones,
Another option could have anything,
Ranging from pleasant moon to the rays of million suns.
I can be the god or might suffer from suffering.


I got up, gathered my strength,
I ran fastest, towards my life,
But till the time, i covered the length,
They all had left me in disguise.


I was broken, shattered into pieces,
They who once clapped for me,
Had now left me beyond the fences,
Who once ran fastest; was now left with broken knee.





3 comments:

  1. Well done. I especially like the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb! I like the concept of the verse and the poetic style in which it is constructed. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Phantom and Archu....
    I am Glad u liked this....
    :)

    ReplyDelete

EatonWeb Blog Directory http://www.wikio.com